httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aalok Karnik <aalok.kar...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Apache 1.3.x deprecated
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:29:00 GMT
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if any one has an idea about the status of Apache 1.3 branch
(deprecated / supported) . I looked around google and found the following:

   - apache website documentation states that Apache 1.3 is deprecated
   - however apache 1.3 is still available for download as legacy release
   - http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement1.3.html
   The above URL states ...

   The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache HTTP Server Project are
   pleased to announce the release of version 1.3.42 of the Apache HTTP Server
   ("Apache"). This release is intended as the final release of version 1.3 of
   the Apache HTTP Server, which has reached end of life status.

   There will be no more full releases of Apache HTTP Server 1.3. However,
   critical security updates may be made available from the following website:

   http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/

What is the frequency of security patches that will be released. I do
understand that users are highly encouraged to use 2.x upwards. It is safe
to say that anyone using apache 1.3 should be mandated to upgrade their
version ?

Hopefully I am clear in my questions, if not please let me know so that I
can clarify. Thank you for reading this.

Regards,
aalok karnik.
http://aalokkarnik.info/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalok