httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Windows 2.3.13 :: Win32DisableAcceptEx
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:58:35 GMT
On 7/7/2011 3:39 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
> I have an error log full of these;
>
> [Thu Jul 07 00:15:58.010625 2011] [mpm_winnt:warn] [pid 2840:tid 1572] (OS 64)The
> specified network name is no longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx
failed.

This might be http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1091826
confusing the issue if you build with Win32 IPv6 toggled on, depending on
your operating system and the SDK you used to build... it was introduced
in 1.4.3, you might want to try reverting this patch after first working
through the ticket below...

> Thanks to Steffen's bringing this up, I now know how I should be fixing this.
>
> The problem is, if I set
>
> AcceptFilter http none
>
> I lose all my vhosts and everything reverts to the main host. If I use

Implies that the host headers are not queried for ***normal*** sockets,
and reviewing http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1088569
it looks like this was "optimized" (read:bugged) away.

Could you please revert this APR 1.4.3 change and report back what you
observe?  Another option is to simply try APR 1.4.2 binaries.

It seems AcceptEx() crap still pollutes APR.  We can't optimize for the
AcceptEx() case because that is handled in httpd.  The flag simply prevents
us from querying twice (and this becomes stranger because getpeername()
simply fails for an AcceptEx'ed socket anyways).  The unknown flag can only
be tripped if we can affirmatively set the correct value.