httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1160863 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: docs/manual/mod/ modules/ssl/
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:37:58 GMT
On 14.09.2011 22:32, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> My usage tests pass muster with the approach we have discussed, so I
> have updated trunk and the 2.2 backport proposal. At this point, I am
> satisfied with this particular patch, though I won't lose sight of the
> server-side issue. Since the patch should now be complete, I have given
> my vote in the 2.2 STATUS file and would appreciate any further
> review/votes.

Looks good, judging from my (admittedly not very comprehensive) testing.

> +        chain = X509_STORE_CTX_get1_chain(sctx);
> +        sk_X509_shift(chain);
> +        i=sk_X509_num(chain);
>          pkp->ca_certs[n] = chain;

I think with the "sk_X509_shift(chain)" line, we're leaking an X509
struct... maybe Steve can confirm (?). Adding a short comment as to why
the first cert is dropped would be useful IMO, too.

Second point, somewhat related: if we end up with an empty chain at this
point, then it seems preferrable to me to discard/free the
STACK_OF(X509) right on the spot (and not store it in pkp->ca_certs).

Kaspar