httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: next steps for range fix in 2.2.x
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:34:53 GMT
On 9/5/2011 3:08 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:

> regressions suck, but the killer is silenced as far as I can tell at this point, the
> script fails it's internal test, no need to rush and gain more regressions hurrying to
fix
> the regressions from hurrying to silence the killer. My meager view anyway :)

I agree except that we already rushed .20 and suggest somehow that
it is the "best available version of httpd", which is nonsense ;-)

If the rate of new issue reports has stalled, and Jim's willing to
tag Wednesday, then I'd agree we should do it.  Right now we are
asking people to test a broken flavor against clients, so if we
ship with a protocol-valid flavor we'll get more useful defect
reports which either httpd or the client authors can choose to
address, depending on the actual reasons for breakage.

Right now, we know clients should be broken, so asking anyone to
report to us that 2.2.20 breaks some obscure clients is almost
useless to us and to the authors of those clients.