httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: non-splittable buckets (was: Regression with range fix)
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:39:09 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:08:51PM +0200, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> > > So you think we can rip out the whole if (rv == APR_ENOTIMPL)
> > > blocks?

Yes.  This code could only get exercised with a custom bucket type which
has fixed-length buckets but no ->split implementation.

> > Belt and suspenders?
>
> If we rip it out, we should replace it with ap_assert()s. And maybe
> only do it in 2.3?

It would seem odd to have ENOTIMPL as a "fatal" error but other "real"
errors non-fatal.  *No* error should occur here with unless somebody has
cooked up a really whacky bucket type.

Regards, Joe