httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject RE: Fixing Ranges
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:48:38 GMT
+1 for 2.3, -0 for 2.2. I guess for 2.2 we should only detect "misuse" (the definition of misuse
needs to configurable) and reply with a 200 if misuse is detected.

misuse would be

- too much ranges [Let the number be configurable with a sane default e.g. 100 and a possible
setting of 0 for unlimited]
- overlapping ranges (after sorting) [Let this detector be configurable with a default to
on]

For 2.3 the last one could be 3 state:

off - Don't do anything about that
on - reply with 200 if misuse is detected.
optimize - Do sorts and merges and fill too small chunks between the ranges.

Default for 2.3 would be optimize.

Regards

Rüdiger