httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1161661 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/byterange_filter.c
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:12:32 GMT

On Aug 25, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Is it really a good idea to first parse the range string (involving lots of copying with
ap_getword), then format it back into a string just to have it parsed by parse_byterange again?
I would much prefer to have it parsed only once into an array of values and then do the merging
in that array. This is more efficient and I think it would also lead to better readability.
My original patch for merging/sorting had some code for that which we could reuse:

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/201108.mbox/%3C201108240028.03308.sf@sfritsch.de%3E

Be my guest. commit and fix rp's concerns.