httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-WIllem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Wrapup -- Was: 2.2 approach for byterange?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:08:23 GMT
Folks,

How do we wrap this up in what remains of the (US) day ?

I can have ready a final draft or a 'more mitigation' draft  - of the stay tuned type.

Since Advisory update-2 I gotten about 5 emails with helpful (but small) improvements for
what we have; 3 with some detailed feedback - and a lot of reports that the fixes are good
enough for most. But nothing major.

So the only reason to sent out a update rather than a final would be that we expect the final
one to be 24+ hours -- OR if we expect the final one to be hard for admins to roll (which
we have no indication of).

Correct ?

What are people their thoughts ? Fair to assume we can have in the next 6 to 12 hours:

-	Patch for 2.2 well tested

-	Backport for 2.0 - ideally well tested too

Or do we need to roll a complete version (guess not) ? Any verbiage to include on this fix
not being the final one (IMHO no - IETF pointer is good enough).

Who is in the right timezone to carry the ball the last few meters over the finish line?

Thanks,

Dw