httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject help from autoconf savvy folks -- mod_deflate zlib detection?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 02:40:23 GMT
I'm setting up a new system to test httpd releases, with a crufty OS
that doesn't have good packaged prereqs and doesn't have years of my
own kludges giving me anything for free.

I've built and installed zlib into a random directory.  I can't see
how recent work in the area broke this, but doesn't the assignment on
line 48 discard the explicit directory passed in
--with-z=/usr/otherlocal ?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/filters/config.m4?annotate=1146227

I wasn't sure if the assignment should just be moved up before the
break (i guess ap_cv_zlib can also come in via native env, so this
seems wrong), or if with the $withval should just set also $ac_cv_zlib
(seems redundant) or if the block just needs rework (too scary for me)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com