httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1154809 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:42:28 GMT
On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, covener@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: covener
>> Date: Mon Aug  8 02:36:25 2011
>> New Revision: 1154809

>> Log:
>> get some quick votes in, double-check change of relative-redirect loglevel
>> change.
>>

>> Modified:
>>   httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
>>
>> Modified: httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

>> --- httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS (original)
>> +++ httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS Mon Aug  8 02:36:25 2011
>

>>  * Adjust inflated log severity.
>>    PR: 44020
>>    Trunk patch: Was never in trunk.
>>    2.2.x patch: http://people.apache.org/~sf/PR44020.diff
>>    +1: sf
>> +    +0: covener did you see Jim's initial concern on introducing the
>> +        ap_construct_url() in maintenance?  This dissuaded me from
>> +        proposing the same.
>
> No, I didn't. Can you give a pointer, I didn't find it? Or did you mean
> Nick's comment in PR 44020? That was only about what to do if
> ap_construct_url() fails to create a valid URL.

Sorry should have included -- Referring to commit message here:

NOTE: I'm recommending different versions because the trunk
   patch is too strict for a stable line and may "break" broken
   configs thought by their users to be working.

But, we never provided a way to suppress it, and we've never heard a
peep about being broken AND seeing the WARN message AFAIK.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com