httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk-Willem.van.Gu...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Fixing Ranges
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:25:25 GMT

On 25 Aug 2011, at 15:48, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

> +1 for 2.3, -0 for 2.2. I guess for 2.2 we should only detect "misuse" (the definition
of misuse
> needs to configurable) and reply with a 200 if misuse is detected.

Ok - given the patch a good test - and actually - am not sure we need even that (much) abuse
detection.

I find it darn hard to kill the server now; and would almost say that we can leave it as is.
And PERHAPS have an optional cap on the number of ranges (Set at unlimited by default -leaving
it to LimitRequestFieldSize to cap it off at effectively some 1200-1500).

Thanks

Dw