httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Micha Lenk <mi...@lenk.info>
Subject Re: With IP address in Host: header ServerName/ServerAlias doesn't work
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:27:10 GMT
Hi Ruediger,

On 08/22/2011 06:16 PM CEST +02:00, "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" wrote:
> No, this works as designed and documented for ages. I guess your question is better
> suited for the users@httpd.apache.org list.

Sorry, I disagree. The documentation reads:

  Now when a request arrives, the server will first check if it is
  using an IP address that matches the NameVirtualHost. If it is, then
  it will look at each <VirtualHost> section with a matching IP address
  and try to find one where the ServerName or ServerAlias matches the
  requested hostname. If it finds one, then it uses the configuration
  for that server. If no matching virtual host is found, then the first
  listed virtual host that matches the IP address will be used.

  Source: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/vhosts/name-based.html

In the case I described earlier, *only* the virtual server v2 has a
ServerName that matches the requested hostname. The last sentence from
the cited documentation doesn't apply here.

Regards,
Micha