httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: mod_ssl in trunk with OpenSSL 0.9.7 as a minimum requirement?
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:38:47 GMT
On 11.08.2011 11:34, NormW wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 3:12 PM, Kaspar Brand wrote:
>> That's also fine with me, yes. Generally speaking, are there any rules
>> for handling this sort of version checks in httpd code (and when
>> aborting with #error is acceptable)?
> No idea if a 'rule' but a search of httpd-trunk *.c for #error shows 12
> 'samples' that might be worth a look.

Ok, based on the modules/session/mod_session_crypto.c "precedent", I
have added an "#if (OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER < 0x0090700f)" check to
modules/ssl/ssl_private.h in r1157575.

Additionally, mod_ssl will now emit a warning at runtime if httpd is
started with an OpenSSL library version older than the one it was
originally compiled against.

Kaspar