httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1161661 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/byterange_filter.c
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:05:29 GMT

On Aug 25, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Is it really a good idea to first parse the range string (involving lots of copying with
ap_getword), then format it back into a string just to have it parsed by parse_byterange again?

It is if we want to be able to create a correct r->range element
with ap_set_byterange()

Certainly that is where we should be creating the canonical
Range: we are using (or figuring out whether to punt it).

> I would much prefer to have it parsed only once into an array of values and then do the
merging in that array. This is more efficient and I think it would also lead to better readability.
My original patch for merging/sorting had some code for that which we could reuse: