httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Regression with range fix
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:12:55 GMT
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 08:51:55PM +0200, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> The first regression report, though slightly too late for the vote:

> The byterange_filter.c in the Debian update is exactly the one from
> 2.2.20. I will keep you updated.

Hi; I'm just back from holiday and catching up.

The behaviour changes in the patch which could feasibly break
non-compliant clients are:

a) using 200 in some cases where a 206 response would end up being
larger

b) using a chunked response where previously C-L was always used, in
cases where >=32 ranges are being returned

Anything else to watch out for?

Looking at the patch in 2.2.x; there is a lot of effort expended
deadling with apr_bucket_split() returning ENOTIMPL - that looks
unnecessary; the filter will only handle brigades containing buckets
with known length, and all such buckets "must" be _split-able.

Regards, Joe