httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Wrapup -- Was: 2.2 approach for byterange?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:31:11 GMT
On Monday 29 August 2011, Dirk-WIllem van Gulik wrote:
> Folks,
>
> How do we wrap this up in what remains of the (US) day ?
>
> I can have ready a final draft or a 'more mitigation' draft  - of
> the stay tuned type.
>
> Since Advisory update-2 I gotten about 5 emails with helpful (but
> small) improvements for what we have; 3 with some detailed
> feedback - and a lot of reports that the fixes are good enough for
> most. But nothing major.
>
> So the only reason to sent out a update rather than a final would
> be that we expect the final one to be 24+ hours -- OR if we expect
> the final one to be hard for admins to roll (which we have no
> indication of).
>
> Correct ?
>
> What are people their thoughts ? Fair to assume we can have in the
> next 6 to 12 hours:
>
> -	Patch for 2.2 well tested

I think what's currently in branches/2.2.x is relatively well tested.
Though more testers would of course be welcome. The recommended patch
is just the diff from 2.2.19 for modules/http/byterange_filter.c.

> -	Backport for 2.0 - ideally well tested too

AFAIK, nobody has looked at 2.0 so far.

> Or do we need to roll a complete version (guess not) ? Any verbiage
> to include on this fix not being the final one (IMHO no - IETF
> pointer is good enough).
>
> Who is in the right timezone to carry the ball the last few meters
> over the finish line?

Jim offered to RM 2.2.20, but I don't know what timezone he is in. If
2.2.20 doesn't happen today, it may be good to publish the patch in an
update to the advisory. But I am in the wrong timezone for that ;-)