httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: 2.2 approach for byterange?
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:22:26 GMT
On Sunday 28 August 2011, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 08/28/2011 11:12 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 August 2011, Eric Covener wrote:
> >> lots of threads.  Trying to resynch here, not a vote.
> >>
> >> For 2.2:
> >>
> >> [  ] everything in 2.3 (brigade_copy, mergeing, validation, ???)
> >
> > We don't know how many clients are broken by merging.
> >
> >> [X ] just the cheap brigade copy + sum_len > clen failsafe
> >
> > I think this should be sufficient.
>
> I agree, but maybe we should pass the brigade down the chain after
> each range or at least after a specific number of ranges to avoid
> piling up too much buckets in the byte range filter.

OK, I have added that to 2.3, too.

At http://people.apache.org/~sf/byterange-no-merge.2.2.diff is an
adjusted version that has all range merging removed (but apart from
that, all recent changes from 2.3 are in). The code to parse ranges
into an array is not really necessary, but it keeps the diff to 2.3
small. Is that the way to go?

Test byterange3.t fails, because it assumes range merging. Any idea
how to limit that test to >= 2.3.15? It is rather different from the
other tests (no explicit plan).