httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1154809 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:01:25 GMT
On Saturday 13 August 2011, Eric Covener wrote:
> Sorry should have included -- Referring to commit message here:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=791541
>
> NOTE: I'm recommending different versions because the trunk
>    patch is too strict for a stable line and may "break" broken
>    configs thought by their users to be working.
>
> But, we never provided a way to suppress it, and we've never heard
> a peep about being broken AND seeing the WARN message AFAIK.

I think that was mainly refering to the fact that in the
!ap_is_url(ret) case, the trunk version returns internal server error
while the 2.2 version just does nothing. In that case, there is a log
message with level error, but that is not the one I want to change.

I think the different log levels for the "incomplete redirection
target" message were just an oversight. It really should have been
debug in the 2.2 version, too.