httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [vote] mod_ldap
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:44:56 GMT

On 7 Jul 2011, at 17:55, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> [ ]  Retain ap_ldap API's in httpd 2.3 mod_ldap, as currently in trunk
>      (binding mod_ldap to ldap libs)

+1.   But get it right: not a botch job just because there's
        pressure to release.  Should really have been alpha rather
        than beta when this blew up, but too late to change that.

> [ ]  Move ap_ldap API's to the core
>      (binding both httpd and mod_ldap to ldap libs)

Clear -1.

> [ ]  Move ap_ldap API's to yet another mod_ldaps[1] module
>      (binding both mod_ldap and mod_ldaps to ldap libs)

-0.  KISS.

> [ ]  Revert to using apr_ldap (restricting mod_ldap to apr-util 1.x [2])
>      (binding both apr and mod_ldap to ldap libs)

-1.  OK for a hack, but not for a 2.4 release.  Eat our own dogfood.

> [ ]  Remove mod_authnz_ldap / mod_ldap from httpd 2.3

-1.  Not an acceptable regression from 2.2.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html