httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] mod_ldap
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:54:15 GMT

On 07/07/2011 08:44 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On 7 Jul 2011, at 17:55, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>

>> [ ]  Revert to using apr_ldap (restricting mod_ldap to apr-util 1.x [2])
>>      (binding both apr and mod_ldap to ldap libs)
>
> -1.  OK for a hack, but not for a 2.4 release.  Eat our own dogfood.

Can we really request the usage of APR 2.0 during the lifetime of 2.4 and drop the possibility
to use APR / APR-UTIL 1.x?
APR 2.0 might contain changed API's such that existing 2.4 code and external modules
code build for 2.4 does not run any longer. Wouldn't that violate our binary compatibility
rules for the lifetime of a stable httpd version?

Regards

RĂ¼diger