httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Remaining LDAP issues?
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:49:43 GMT
On 7/8/2011 8:48 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:15 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> Starting a fresh thread to identify the actual issues that are blocking
>> the 2.3.13-beta, along with fresh checkouts and build trees...
>>
>> I immediately noticed that it's confusing that --enable-authnz-ldap etc
>> don't work without --with-ldap.  What configuration logic could make this
>> all easier for users who want ldap auth?
>
> Well, we kind of have the same situation with SSL, don't
> we. We use --with-ssl to point to the location of the SSL
> libs and use --enable-ssl to enable mod_ssl.

True.

I'm thinking of the generalized case where openldap (and, as you
point out, openssl) live in their usual system paths.

It seems like --enable-ssl could imply --with-ssl[noarg] and
--enable-authnz-ldap could imply --enable-ldap which could imply
--with-ldap[noarg].

It only tripped me because my old ./config never set apr flags, I had
built apr[-util] in that test framework out-of-tree.  So perhaps my
surprise would be unusual for most users.