httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: load order dependency between mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 02:46:22 GMT
On 7/7/2011 9:10 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

>> I am therefore vetoing this move of apr_ldap from APR to httpd.
>
> Hang on!  How long ago did this move happen, and when did you
> first raise concerns?

His first attempt at vetoing this change was in 2009, accompanied
by an assertion that he would address the issues.  Of course, nobody
expects any individual to provide specific code to do anything, but that
doesn't excuse the promise of action or requests for unending dialog
without code to slow a project for two years;

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200903.mbox/%3C5c902b9e0903240326r3222ac90k15dcb7f34d2d1587@mail.gmail.com%3E

[One will note Graham isn't arguing against my proposal, but Justin's.]

That that time, Graham's response was that decisions should not be made
offlist at a face to face, which was patently absurd on the face of it,
since Justin brought a decision to the list, rather than act on the
conversations he had with individual committers.

Following inaction on the [endless] discussion in this thread and others,
I finally proposed an absolute eviction, to which Graham did not respond;

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201004.mbox/%3C4BD46614.6010503@rowe-clan.net%3E
[and following on in May...]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201005.mbox/%3CAANLkTinKzmDYbxo2VggZLOxPY72mH0OReK-kUeSGJSa3@mail.gmail.com%3E