httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: reallyall vs. all vs. most
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:38:33 GMT
On 05.07.2011 23:21, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 July 2011, Igor Galić wrote:
>> even though it means that "reallyall" will yield different
>> results on different systems
>
> That was the point of "reallyall". Build everything that is possible
> with the installed dependencies. It wouldn't be very useful if you
> would need all kinds of weird third party libs to use it.

Agreed.

> BTW, I think it would be more useful if "all" enabled more modules.
> Basically what reallyall does except for examples, hard core
> debugging, very experimental, and very obsolete stuff.
>
> Here is what gets built for most (M) and all (A) and what I would like
> to change. The choices are certainly subjective, but I think there
> should be many changes where we all agree. So please comment.

Agree with all of it except for below comments.

> MA mod_file_cache      # remove from 'most'

No strong opinion about that.

> MA mod_lua

Also suggest "A" as others did.

> MA mod_proxy_express   # remove from 'most' (?)

If Jim thinks it is ready for prime time, it would be useful in M.

>  A mod_sed             # add to 'most' ?

Yes.

>    mod_isapi           # remove from 'reallyall' on unix

Surprised by the comment of Bill, since the docs page only talks about
Windows. Could be outdated.

>    mod_log_debug       # add to 'all'

Suggest M.

There's also mod_privileges, I think it is not in the list. I suggest:

    mod_privileges

so reallyall for it?

Regards,

Rainer