httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows Laundry List pt3, mod_watchdog
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 18:49:17 GMT
> On 7/1/2011 12:26 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 07/01/2011 06:31 AM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:
>>> Attached patch just gets rid of it.
>>>

>> This cannot be omitted.
>> Getting the parent pid means we we are in the child process, so we must not
>> init the parent watchdog thread (see 'return OK;')
>
> That's not how to detect it, you break -X mode.
>
> There is an ap_mpm_query to determine if this is the child.

OK. Now, that it builds I'll fix that.
(after I upgrade my nmake makefiles from 2.2 to 2.3)

I offered that to the httpd couple of years back,
but the rejection was: "Who will maintain windows nmake files"
IMHO those are few order of magnitude simpler then maintaining
VS workspace/solutions/projects (how many we have them currently?)
162 counting apr/apr-util/apr-iconv!
And that's easier to maintain? Yeah right.

Regards
--
^TM