httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: load order dependency between mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:20:32 GMT
On 08 Jul 2011, at 6:01 PM, Joe Orton wrote:

>> I have already done so. If you disagree with the objection, or do
>> not understand the objection, engage the objection directly so it
>> can be resolved.
>
> I've done exactly that twice in this thread.  I have not seen any
> attempt to concisely express a specific technical objection, rather
> than
> this hand-waving stuff about "inappropriateness", and how the API is
> "wrong", how we must necessarily reject code because of the APR vote,
> and how it does not solve a problem which you say will be solved
> better
> by reimplementing the code in APR.
>
> If you don't have specific technical objections (and hence, any reason
> for veto) then you should just offer up an alternative solution and we
> can have a consensus vote to pick one, and move on.

We have already put the solution to a vote, and this is the outcome:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg22061.html

I completely do not understand one bit why we are wasting yet more
time voting yet again on a solution. Just pick up a keyboard, a copy
of the draft LDAP RFC, and finish the work we agreed to do.

If you believe someone else should do the work and not you, ask, and
as a courtesy, explain why you believe it shouldn't be you.

If you believe this work should be prioritised for inclusion in httpd
v2.4 and apr-util v1.4, say so.

>> In the case of MacOSX, it breaks for me as follows:
>>
>> checking whether to enable mod_authnz_ldap... checking dependencies
>> checking whether to enable mod_authnz_ldap... configure: error:
>> mod_authnz_ldap has been requested but can not be built due to
>> prerequisite failures
>
> Did you build with --with-ldap as well?  If so, can you post the
> complete config.log?

It builds with --with-ldap, but this should not be necessary - it's
only if your library is in a non standard location that --with-ldap
should be necessary.

Regards,
Graham