httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: httpdl.conf: Load mimal list of modules only
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:43:23 GMT
I think I have implemented all suggestions from this thread for
reallyall/all/most.

On Thursday 07 July 2011, Igor Galić wrote:
> I agree with Jeff: It would be really good to have only the minimum
> list of modules enabled that enable us to support the config we
> ship

Would it make sense to make the list for 'few' be exactly those
modules that are enabled by default? Or do we want 'few' to build more
or fewer modules than what is enabled by default? The current list for
'few' is (on Linux with mpm event):

mod_access_compat
mod_actions
mod_alias
mod_allowmethods
mod_auth_basic
mod_auth_form
mod_authn_core
mod_authn_file
mod_authz_core
mod_authz_groupfile
mod_authz_host
mod_authz_user
mod_autoindex
mod_buffer
mod_cgid
mod_dir
mod_env
mod_filter
mod_http
mod_include
mod_log_config
mod_mime
mod_negotiation
mod_ratelimit
mod_reqtimeout
mod_request
mod_setenvif
mod_so
mod_status
mod_unixd
mod_userdir
mod_version

> on Unix:
> ========
>
> mod_unixd
> mod_mpm_event.so
> (or the default mpm that was built)
>
> mod_authz_host
> mod_authz_core
>
> The following are covered in <IfModule checks>
> dir_module
> log_config_module
> logio_module
> alias_module
> cgid_module
> mime_module
>
> Strangely, MIMEMagicFile is not. It is however commented out.
>
> The following describe the files in extra/ - note I'm not
> mentioning mod_authz_core and mod_authz_host, because they
> are already indiscrimenatly used in httpd.conf
>
> multilang-errordoc
> ==================
> mod_alias
> mod_include
> mod_negotiation
>

> autoindex
> =========
> mod_autoindex
> mod_alias
>
> languages
> =========
> mod_mime
> mod_negotiation
>
> userdir
> =======
> mod_userdir
>
> info
> ====
> mod_info
> mod_status
>
> manual
> ======
> mod_alias
> mod_setenvif
> mod_negotiation
>
> dav
> ===
> mod_alias
> mod_auth_digest
> mod_authn_core
> mod_authn_file
> mod_authz_user
> mod_dav
> mod_dav_fs
>
> ssl
> ===
> mod_log_config
> mod_setenvif
> mod_ssl
> socache_shmcb_module
>

> I think the default list of modules should enable an
> administrator to serve up static files without having
> to touch the list of modules.

Basic auth should also be possible by default, i.e.

mod_auth_basic
mod_authn_core
mod_authn_file
mod_authz_user

should always be loaded (and not only for dav). The same for redirects
(i.e. mod_alias).