httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1146256 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/config.c
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:48:06 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 07:21:11PM -0000, sf@apache.org wrote:
> Author: sf
> Date: Wed Jul 13 19:21:11 2011
> New Revision: 1146256

> Log:
> Use APR_UNSPEC to allow startup on IP6-only systems.
>
> PR: 50592
> Submitted by: Joe Orton, 2510 <root linkage white-void net>

Thanks, Stefan.  I was a little bit unsure about this.  For a "normal"
dual-stack system, it does change behaviour; the default vhost will have
host_addr with two addresses, [::] then 0.0.0.0.  (In that order, on my
system, which is odd, since getaddrinfo() should be returning them with
[::] last... I started investingating that but got distracted.)

But it should be correct to use AF_UNSPEC here.  We'll see if anything
breaks, I guess ;)

Regards, Joe