httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject reallyall vs. all vs. most
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:21:55 GMT
On Tuesday 05 July 2011, Igor Galić wrote:
> even though it means that "reallyall" will yield different
> results on different systems

That was the point of "reallyall". Build everything that is possible
with the installed dependencies. It wouldn't be very useful if you
would need all kinds of weird third party libs to use it.

BTW, I think it would be more useful if "all" enabled more modules.
Basically what reallyall does except for examples, hard core
debugging, very experimental, and very obsolete stuff.

Here is what gets built for most (M) and all (A) and what I would like
to change. The choices are certainly subjective, but I think there
should be many changes where we all agree. So please comment.

MA mod_access_compat
MA mod_actions
MA mod_alias
MA mod_allowmethods
MA mod_asis			# remove from 'most'
MA mod_auth_basic
MA mod_auth_digest
MA mod_auth_form
MA mod_authn_anon
MA mod_authn_core
MA mod_authn_dbd
MA mod_authn_dbm
MA mod_authn_file
MA mod_authn_socache
MA mod_authz_core
MA mod_authz_dbd
MA mod_authz_dbm
MA mod_authz_groupfile
MA mod_authz_host
MA mod_authz_owner
MA mod_authz_user
MA mod_autoindex
MA mod_buffer
MA mod_cache
MA mod_cache_disk
MA mod_cgid
MA mod_data            # remove from 'most'
MA mod_dav
MA mod_dav_fs
MA mod_dbd
MA mod_deflate
MA mod_dir
MA mod_dumpio
MA mod_env
MA mod_expires
MA mod_ext_filter
MA mod_file_cache      # remove from 'most'
MA mod_filter
MA mod_headers
MA mod_heartbeat       # remove from 'most'
MA mod_heartmonitor    # remove from 'most'
MA mod_ident           # remove from 'most' and 'all'
MA mod_imagemap        # remove from 'most' and 'all'
MA mod_include
MA mod_info
MA mod_log_config
MA mod_logio
MA mod_lua
MA mod_mime
MA mod_negotiation
MA mod_proxy_express   # remove from 'most' (?)
MA mod_ratelimit
MA mod_reflector       # remove from 'most'
MA mod_remoteip
MA mod_reqtimeout
MA mod_request
MA mod_rewrite
MA mod_session
MA mod_session_cookie
MA mod_session_dbd
MA mod_setenvif
MA mod_slotmem_shm
MA mod_socache_dbm
MA mod_socache_memcache
MA mod_socache_shmcb
MA mod_speling
MA mod_status
MA mod_substitute
MA mod_unique_id
MA mod_unixd
MA mod_userdir
MA mod_version
MA mod_vhost_alias
MA mod_watchdog        # remove from 'most'
 A mod_cern_meta       # remove from 'all'
 A mod_log_forensic
 A mod_mime_magic
 A mod_sed             # add to 'most' ?
 A mod_usertrack
   mod_ldap            # add to 'most' and 'all' (if ldap detected)
   mod_authnz_ldap     # add to 'most' and 'all' (if ldap detected)
   mod_proxy           # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_ajp       # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_balancer  # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_connect   # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_fcgi      # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_fdpass    # add to 'all'
   mod_proxy_ftp       # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_http      # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_proxy_scgi      # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_lbmethod_bybusyness  # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_lbmethod_byrequests  # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_lbmethod_bytraffic   # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_lbmethod_heartbeat   # add to 'all'
   mod_serf
   mod_slotmem_plain   # add to 'all'?
   mod_ssl             # add to 'most' and 'all' (if ssl detected)
   mod_suexec
   mod_bucketeer
   mod_case_filter
   mod_case_filter_in
   mod_cgi             # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_charset_lite    # add to 'most' and 'all'
   mod_dav_lock        # add to 'all' ?
   mod_dialup          # add to 'all' ?
   mod_echo
   mod_example_hooks
   mod_example_ipc
   mod_isapi           # remove from 'reallyall' on unix
   mod_log_debug       # add to 'all'
   mod_optional_fn_export
   mod_optional_fn_import
   mod_optional_hook_export