httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: load order dependency between mod_proxy and mod_proxy_express
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 07:53:29 GMT
On Saturday 02 July 2011, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > Currently mod_proxy needs to be loaded first because
> > mod_proxy_express references the proxy_module symbol. What is
> > the easiest way to fix this?
>
> Why is this considered "broken"??

From the discussion about the mod_ldap / mod_authnz_ldap dependency, I
assumed that this is generally considered a bug. But it is much less
problematic in the mod_proxy case, because the build mechanism ensures
that the LoadModule directives are in the proper order (which works
because both modules are in the same directory).

It seems other proxy_* modules do the same, so never mind.