httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregg L. Smith" <...@gknw.net>
Subject Windows Laundry List pt3, mod_watchdog
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 04:31:28 GMT
Hi folks,

Well, this is the same chunk of Win32 specific debugging code causing this module to crash
yet again. I remember suggesting it be removed before, now I am a little more adamant about
it because it is really not needed, IMO of course. If you really got to have it there, please
&& a
_DEBUG to the #ifdef WIN32.

This module is needed for heartmonitor (which has it's own problems coming under separate
cover). So, either it crashes on win32 or it works, your choice :-) If your choice is let
it fail, then get rid of it all, heartbeat, heartmonitor, lb_method_heartmonitor & watchdog
on Windoze. Of course, if there is no improvement on documentation, most of it will go bye
bye come GA anyway, per what is stated in STATUS.

Attached patch just gets rid of it.

Cheers,
Gregg