httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Apache janitor ?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:52:47 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> On June 8, 2011 20:11 , Igor =?utf-8?Q?Gali=C4=87?=
> <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:
> > One of the many good suggestions they propose is to have a
> > "Patch Manager" - someone who makes sure that patches
> > submitted via Bugzilla or directly to the list don't get lost
> > in the noise and that people get some feedback, even if it's
> > just a one liner like "Thanks, we're looking into this",
> > "Nope, that's really not in our scope", etc...
>
> Committers, is there anything that list/community members could do to
> pitch in and help?  What, if anything, would be useful and accepted?
> For example, is there a list of things you'd like to be done before
> you
> commit a patch, and are there parts of that list that could be
> delegated
> to one or more non-committer janitors?  I'd be willing to try and
> help
> (for example), if such help would be useful.

As I already pointed out: One of the things that - IMO - needs touching
is Bugzilla. We have far to many bugs which are open. I suspect a great
number to already be either fixed or duplicates of other bugs.

So the simplest thing you really can do is to take a look at bugs that
bug you and see if there's other, related -- or equal bugs.

> Big thanks to Igor for his message, his suggestions, and recommending
> the "Open Source Projects and Poisonous People" talk.  What Igor says
> has been bothering me for a while, too.
>
> --
>    Mark Montague
>    mark@catseye.org