httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: 3.0, the 2011 thread.
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:11:41 GMT

…
> If we don't, I'm sure others in the web server market will continue to gain market share.

That's true, perhaps. But this is going to look again like a young, innovation-stage market.
It's not so easy to look at potential features and back a winner.
I think the httpd developers should be wary of changing too much. If market share moves because
of the quality of the coding, that would suggest a missed opportunity. But if market share
switches because of significant technological change, then I'd look more at accepting this.
And focusing on serving the many people who want httpd to work much as it does today, because
they have already adopted it and come to rely on it.

--
Tim Bannister - +44 7980408788 - isoma@jellybaby.net