httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1032002 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES STATUS modules/http/config.m4 modules/http/config2.m4 server/main.c
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:43:07 GMT
On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:11 AM,  <sf@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: sf
> Date: Sat Nov  6 11:11:17 2010
> New Revision: 1032002

> Log:
> Fix hook sorting for the pre_config hook.
> Move modules/http/config2.m4 back to modules/http/config.m4, since this was
> only done as work-around in r88887 for the broken hook-sorting.

I'm very lucky that I remembered this trunk fix when encountering the
same limitation in 2.2.x today!

In consideration of backporting:

Calling apr_hook_sort_all() earlier affects only the pre-config hook
and seems unlikely to break a fragile third-party module.

The config*m4 rename potentially affects any hook that http_core
implements, but it just moves it around within the list of static
modules, and fragile third-party code isn't often built statically.

I don't expect either part of this to be disruptive to 2.2.x but the
main.c is the only necessary part of the fix, and doing only that
results in  a little less risk of breaking fragile third-party code.

Thoughts/corrections?