httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd-2.3.13 as beta
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:43:16 GMT
On 6/29/2011 4:35 PM, NormW wrote:

> One point of query is the inclusion of:
>
>> /* this will be defined if LDAP support was ..... */
>> #define AP_HAS_LDAP           1
>
> in both ap_ldap.hw and ap_ldap.hnw since (to my logic) AP_HAS_LDAP is a compile-time
> option that ought to omit all LDAP pieces from the build if set 0, so having it in these
> files and then a few lines later have #if AP_HAS_LDAP makes no sense.

It must be correctly represented in the resulting .h files installed
for the given binaries.  It can't be conditional at that point.

Compile time decisions shouldn't come from -D flags at all, but should
touch the respective lines of the template .hw/.hnw files on their way
to becoming actual .h's.

In the win32 case, we'll always link ASF binaries to msldap32.dll, so
it's a fair statement that AP_HAS_LDAP is 1 on that platform.  The
question is, would typically all netware installs similarly link to
the ldap sdk?