httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Skip authn/authz if the parent or prior request passed the authn/authz
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:11:51 GMT
On 6/17/2011 10:50 AM, Brian J. France wrote:

> I just ran into a problem where a custom authn module would add some r->subprocess_env
variables, RewriteRule would create a internal redirect to a file with the same path, the
internal redirect would add REDIRECT_ to all current r->process_env variables, and the
above if block would kick in and not re-run the ap_run_access_checker function to re-set the
right variables and leave only the REDIRECT_ ones.

> <Directory /usr/local/http/foo/bar>
>   # custom auth directives [removed]
>
>   RewriteEngine On
>
>   RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   RewriteRule   (.*)                /usr/local/http/foo/bar/$1.php [L]
> </Directory>
>
> My quick fix for them was to tell them to not put RewriteRule and auth directives in
the same directory block and move the auth to a location block or move the RewriteRule globally
(I believe that worked as well).

> Is there any better fix for this?

When you drive content from mod_rewrite things like this happen, it has
more to do with when mod_rewrite's handling phases occur.