httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: Apache janitor ?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 06:26:35 GMT
  On June 8, 2011 20:11 , Igor =?utf-8?Q?Gali=C4=87?=
<i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:
> One of the many good suggestions they propose is to have a
> "Patch Manager" - someone who makes sure that patches
> submitted via Bugzilla or directly to the list don't get lost
> in the noise and that people get some feedback, even if it's
> just a one liner like "Thanks, we're looking into this",
> "Nope, that's really not in our scope", etc...

Committers, is there anything that list/community members could do to
pitch in and help?  What, if anything, would be useful and accepted?
For example, is there a list of things you'd like to be done before you
commit a patch, and are there parts of that list that could be delegated
to one or more non-committer janitors?  I'd be willing to try and help
(for example), if such help would be useful.

Big thanks to Igor for his message, his suggestions, and recommending
the "Open Source Projects and Poisonous People" talk.  What Igor says
has been bothering me for a while, too.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org