httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Which variants of "make" do we support?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 20:49:05 GMT
On 6/1/2011 3:25 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> Now my question: Do we support non-GNU make for the UNIX build?

Most.

This code should build with solaris make, aix make, hpux make, virtually
any standard make implementation including bsd.

I'm interested to know what bugs you noted on bsd make?

make depend is a funny thing, it rarely is very cooperative on anything
but gcc.

Clearly some of your patch isn't gmake specific and could be applied
already, to make the gnu delta more legible?