httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: mod_lua Filter Hook?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:39:49 GMT
On Thursday 16 June 2011, Brian McCallister wrote:
> My personal use cases for mod_lua are not content generation
> oriented, but you should be able to do content generation with it.
> I suspect that if you are doing "serious apps" then you will get
> more mileage from ruby, python, or perl just because there are a
> lot more libraries geared towards that already. All that said,
> when i started doing ruby, there were far fewer quality ruby libs
> than there are lua libs now :-)

IMHO an interesting use case for mod_lua would be all the places where
one can easily plug in additional functions that can then be used
without further interaction with mod_lua:

- authz providers
- ap_expr functions / variables
- additional log formats for CustomLog and ErrorLogFormat
- rewrite maps

I.e, these APIs should be somehow exposed in mod_lua:

ap_register_auth_provider
ap_register_log_handler
ap_register_errorlog_handler
ap_register_rewrite_mapfunc