httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: load order dependency between mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:08:14 GMT
On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:53:13PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> On 6/6/2011 4:17 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> > Since the move from apr-util-ldap to ap_ldap, mod_ldap needs to be
> > loaded before mod_authnz_ldap. This is somewhat annoying because the
> > default httpd.conf tries to load mod_authnz_ldap first. Any ideas how
> > to fix this or do we just change the order in the default httpd.conf?
>
> I believe the entire fix may be an entry point to apr_ldap_parse_uri
> (check your own binaries to confirm).  Setting up a single entry point
> should be trivial, if its appropriate.

Do you mean arranging for all those functions to be registered as
optional function as uldap_* are by mod_ldap, and using them indirectly
from mod_authnz_ldap?

Is there any remaining benefit from the mod_ldap/mod_authnz_ldap split?
Couldn't we just link it all into one big DSO and stop faffing around
with optional functions?  It might be simpler.

Regards, Joe