httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 2.3.12-beta....
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 18:57:42 GMT

On May 10, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> On 10.05.2011 14:30, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Once Jeff applies his hook-probes patch, I'll be doing the
>> T&R within the next few hours.
>>
>> On May 9, 2011, at 3:18 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>>> I plan on doing a T&R tomorrow...
>
> I notice strange trunk failures on my Solaris 10 system. The failures were already happening
before the probe changes. The Perl script RewriteMap process crashes shortly after the fork.
In truss I can see it closing file descriptors after the fork and then it crashes before calling
exec or similar. So something around apr_proc_create() seems to go wrong, or possibly the
apr_procattr are not write.

> It doesn't happen on Solaris 8, so it is possible my system is borked. It also doesn't
happen for 2.2.x.

> I'll try to investigate further, but if there is no immediate idea about that I'm fine
with rolling the beta, because it is not clear, whether I have available enough time right
now to debug.

Do the APR tests run cleanly?