httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release httpd 2.3.12 as beta
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 10:54:57 GMT
On 5/13/2011 9:31 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

>>> +1 for httpd 2.3.12-beta (with external apr/apu)
>>>
>>> As noted by Rainer, the apu in httpd-2.3.12-beta-deps is broken, though. Is this
ok or should the deps tarball be rerolled?

>> Reroll with what is the question? An older apu? We can't roll with
>> HEAD.
>>
>> Maybe we could, with our APR hats on, push out a quick APU 1.3.12...
>
> We should definitely have a new apr (Windows issue) and apu (LDAP
> issue) before long, but what about just providing patches for this
> beta?  I doubt that anyone consuming the beta would have a problem
> with that.

We should /not/ be halting a *beta* when one platform, one feature, or
any other single documented issue has an issue.  Versions and releases
are cheap, release it and get on with the next beta :)

The windows issue is a non-issue (cruft in the bin/ directory, oh well)
and the apu issue affects users who configure auth_ldap, right?  Betas
are not meant to be perfect, and they are no fun if there are no bugs.