httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 2.3.12-beta....
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 20:36:36 GMT
On 10.05.2011 22:03, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 10.05.2011 20:57, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> I notice strange trunk failures on my Solaris 10 system. The failures
>>> were already happening before the probe changes. The Perl script
>>> RewriteMap process crashes shortly after the fork. In truss I can see
>>> it closing file descriptors after the fork and then it crashes before
>>> calling exec or similar. So something around apr_proc_create() seems
>>> to go wrong, or possibly the apr_procattr are not write.
>>>
>>> It doesn't happen on Solaris 8, so it is possible my system is
>>> borked. It also doesn't happen for 2.2.x.
>>>
>>> I'll try to investigate further, but if there is no immediate idea
>>> about that I'm fine with rolling the beta, because it is not clear,
>>> whether I have available enough time right now to debug.
>>
>> Do the APR tests run cleanly?
>
> Unfortunately yes, at least most of the time. The proc tests never
> failed. I added debug output to apr_proc_create(), the crash happens in
>
> apr_pool_cleanup_for_exec();
>
> Digging further shows, the crash happens in running the child cleanups
> for the pconf pool (in the 9th cleanup). Maybe it it related to the
> testreslist failures, because some of them happen in
> apr_pool_cleanup_kill. Just a wild speculation.
>
> I will try to stop the process before the crash and investigate with the
> debugger. Unfortunately the core if written doesn't seem usable.

child_cleanup_fn is NULL in a cleanup, that has plain_cleanup_fn equals
to apr_ldap_pool_cleanup_set_null. Getting closer. At least it is not
unplausible, because my builds for Solaris 8 and 10 differ by the exact
LDAP behavior.

Maybe related to log line

[Tue May 10 22:33:08.626119 2011] [ldap:info] [pid 25137] LDAP: SSL
support unavailable: LDAP: ldapssl_client_init() failed.

maybe not ...

Investigating further.

Regards,

Rainer