httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 2.3.12-beta....
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 20:03:22 GMT
On 10.05.2011 20:57, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On May 10, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>
>> On 10.05.2011 14:30, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Once Jeff applies his hook-probes patch, I'll be doing the
>>> T&R within the next few hours.

>> I notice strange trunk failures on my Solaris 10 system. The failures were already
happening before the probe changes. The Perl script RewriteMap process crashes shortly after
the fork. In truss I can see it closing file descriptors after the fork and then it crashes
before calling exec or similar. So something around apr_proc_create() seems to go wrong, or
possibly the apr_procattr are not write.

>> It doesn't happen on Solaris 8, so it is possible my system is borked. It also doesn't
happen for 2.2.x.

>> I'll try to investigate further, but if there is no immediate idea about that I'm
fine with rolling the beta, because it is not clear, whether I have available enough time
right now to debug.

> Do the APR tests run cleanly?

Unfortunately yes, at least most of the time. The proc tests never
failed. I added debug output to apr_proc_create(), the crash happens in

apr_pool_cleanup_for_exec();

Digging further shows, the crash happens in running the child cleanups
for the pconf pool (in the 9th cleanup). Maybe it it related to the
testreslist failures, because some of them happen in
apr_pool_cleanup_kill. Just a wild speculation.

I will try to stop the process before the crash and investigate with the
debugger. Unfortunately the core if written doesn't seem usable.

Regards,

Rainer