httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mpm worker/mpm event: Revert an old (~10yr) change to the fd Q
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 16:26:41 GMT
On 4/29/2011 10:43 AM, David Dabbs wrote:

> I'd like to put in a vote for this to be applied to 2.2.x (2.2.18).
> We think we're seeing performance anomalies similar to those referenced in
> the discussion threads regarding these patches.

David, the vote did not pass for the next 2.2.18 result.  Not even Jim who
was kind enough to commit this patch for 2.3.x has voted to backport it.

You were asked by a number of committers to explain exactly what observed
failures this patch solved for you in your environment, ***if in fact you
even tried to apply the patch***.  You provided no references to the relevant
discussion threads, and there is no pointer in the commit message nor in this
vote thread to a relevant PR (at issues.apache.org).

If you would please cite pointers to the purpose of this patch and the issue
which it is verified to solve, we would be more than happy to consider this
for a future 2.2.19 release (and it is already in betas/future 2.4 release),

But we don't have cycles to individually hunt this information down, you are
asking a lot of committers to waste a lot of time pursuing your vote.  I am
removing this vote from STATUS until the requested information is provided.