httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Mashinter <>
Subject Re: id=51247 Enhance mod_proxy and _balancer with worker status flag to only accept sticky session routes
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 12:49:09 GMT

idea of lbfactor=0 or ROUTE_ONLY making it to the trunk and 2.2.x then it's certainly worth
it.  If there isn't documentation changes for the lbfactor=0 I could take a stab at that
if it's the chosen solution.

\|/- Keith Mashinter

From: Daniel Ruggeri <>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:27:23 PM
Subject: Re: id=51247 Enhance mod_proxy and _balancer with worker status flag to only accept
sticky session routes

On 5/24/2011 9:18 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I like the concept... will review.
> PS: Most patches should be against trunk. We fold into trunk,
>      test and only then propose for backport for 2.2.x
> On May 23, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Keith Mashinter wrote:
>> I've added a patch to the proxy/balancer to allow for route-only workers are only
enabled for sticky session routes, allowing for an even more graceful fade-out of a server
than making its lbfactor=1 compared to lbfactor=100 for others.
>> Please reply/vote if you also think it's useful.
>> This enhancement, actually SVN Patched against 2.2.19, provides a worker status
>> flag to set a proxy worker as only accepting requests with sticky session
>> routes, e.g. only accept requests with a .route such as Cookie
>> JSESSIONID=xxx.tc2.

I think there are two patches available to do the same thing - sorry for
not following up on this sooner. I brought this up in conversation with
Bill on this list back in October and haven't dug into it since.

I attached the patch to a bug opened by Cameron Stokes

I agree that this functionality would be nice to have but am agnostic as
to which method accomplishes this :) They both seem to take different
routes to get to the same goal.

Jim, if you wouldn't mind reviewing both and suggesting one to be
cleaned up for a patch generated against trunk. I'm happy to volunteer
the effort to adjust my patch or at least take care of that bug that's
out there still.

Daniel Ruggeri
View raw message