httpd-dev mailing list archives

From John Smith <lbalba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statical analysis apache 2.3.11
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:47:32 GMT
On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:
> (adding dev@apr, since some of the report covers apr code)
>

> There are some harmless bugs, some bugs which are truly useful to fix
> beyond "cleanness", and false positives.  I can't tell you how many of
> each ;)
>
> I'm sure some of the items will be fixed just because you posted this
> (thanks).  Feel free to submit patches yourself.  Many of the
> individual reports are tedius to research, only to find that the code
> is correct :(
>
> FWLIW, some of us went through one of these reports last year and
> cleaned up a bunch of issues that generated clang warnings.

I honestly didnt realize that clang has been used to analyze Apache
not too long ago; in the future I guess I should do better research
before posting stuff.

Im sorry to hear that there were quite a few false positives. Please
note that the devs of clang are very interested in reducing the amount
of false positives that it finds. So if someone does find a false
positive, perhaps it would be nice to report it :

http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/filing_bugs.html

Of course, that requires serious effort, which people may simply be
unable to offer.