httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Status of MinGW (httpd)
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:47:54 GMT
On 4/14/2011 9:45 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> I know others have played on MinGW before, but I don't know how long
> ago or what was attempted.  Here are my observations:
>
> Trunk:
>
> I've been building/running this with shared library builds of apr trunk.
>
> * Only statically linked modules work AFAIK.

Something interesting is going on with apr_dso_ here... does depends.exe
shed any insight?  (Comparing win32 to mingw build, that is).

> * If you build any of the modules that have their own
> foo_DECLARE_EXPORT logic you need to add foo_DECLARE_EXPORT to
> CPPFLAGS (kludge).

That would be kludged in the config.m4 magic, we simply need to add
this -D'efine to the appropriate

> * I haven't tried with many different modules, especially not with
> those which require extra third-party libraries (OpenSSL, Lua, etc.). :)
> * There's a trunk-specific problem linking to PCRE because the PCRE
> libs are specified within LDFLAGS; I don't have a fix for this yet,
> and use a hack to relink it with "-L/path/to/pcre -lpcre" moved to a
> later point in the command.

Interesting (an alternate expression for 'frustrating' :)

All of your experiments have been on Windows mingw/msys toolchain, right?
I want to take the revised apr/-util/httpd code once through the fedora 14
mingw toolchain, just to see if anything interesting pops up.  I don't
really care if the end result works under Wine, though :)