httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: How to do a sub-request from input filter?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:39:49 GMT

On 27 Apr 2011, at 18:07, Micha Lenk wrote:

> What else should I keep in mind in this situation?

You may be a little confused.  Subrquests and internal redirects
are not the same thing, and serve different purposes.  Maybe the
book, which discusses them in consecutive sections in the chapter
on the request processing cycle, should be clearer.

A subrequest should be OK in a filter, but if it generates any output
you'd need to figure out where to send it - which is not obvious in
an input filter.  As for an internal redirect, I don't see how it would
make sense, but I haven't tried.

BTW, this would be better on the modules-dev list.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html