httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: ap_read_config in 2.3.11
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:50:55 GMT
On Monday, April 11, 2011 21:14:53 Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> I guess the optimization could be done later, after the config has
> been parsed completely. That would waste some memory in pconf but
> still preserve the optimization during request processing, which is
> more important.

The enclosed patch moves the conf_vector_length adjustment to when
ap_process_config_tree() has done its work. I think that is enough for
mod_perl.

On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 18:24:28 William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> Suggestion - an EXEC_ON_READ 'DynamicModulesMax' directive, which would
> let us conf_vector_length = total_modules + dyn_modules_max; after the
> read_config, and finally lock down conf_vector_length = total_modules;
> at the end of post_config.  WDYT?

But yes, moving the adjustment to postconfig will solve the problem more
generally. I'll see if I can conceive a patch.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net