httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: ap_read_config in 2.3.11
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:14:53 GMT
On Monday 11 April 2011, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> I am working on porting modperl to the upcoming httpd 2.4. One
> problem is the line
>
>   conf_vector_length = total_modules;
>
> in ap_read_config (config.c:2300).
>
> Modperl provides a way to write modules in Perl. These modules are
> loaded by the directive PerlLoadModule which is executed later
> than line 2300. Such modules are then appended to the module list,
> get a module structure, can create config directives etc. They
> also have a module index and allocate their place in config
> vectors.
>
> Now, the line above limits the config vector length to the number
> of modules known before any one perl module could be loaded.
>
> How can this situation be solved?

When exactly is PerlLoadModule executed? The above code assumes that
modules are loaded with EXEC_ON_READ during reading of the config.

I guess the optimization could be done later, after the config has
been parsed completely. That would waste some memory in pconf but
still preserve the optimization during request processing, which is
more important.